The home screen of an iPhone or iPad can sometimes become cluttered with numerous app icons, making it difficult to locate the app that you need. One of the ways to keep your home screen clean and organized is by hiding the apps that you do not use frequently. In this article, we will discuss how to hide apps on iPhone and iPad’s home screen, step by step.
Detailed Discussion on How to Hide Apps on iPhone and iPad’s Home Screen
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to hide apps on your iPhone and iPad’s home screen:
Using App Library
App Library is a new feature introduced in iOS 14 that automatically organizes your app icons into categories and displays them in one place. To hide an app using App Library:
1. Long press on the app icon that you want to hide.
2. From the contextual menu, select “Remove App.”
3. Tap “Move to App Library” and the app icon will be moved to the App Library automatically.
Creating a Folder
Another technique to hide apps on your home screen is by creating a folder and then moving the app that you want to hide inside it. Follow the steps given below to create a folder:
1. Press and hold on the app icon until all the icons on the screen start shaking.
2. Drag the app icon on top of another app icon to create a new folder.
3. Now tap on the folder to open it.
4. Press and hold on the app icon that you want to hide inside the folder.
5. Drag the app icon towards the edge of the screen and wait until the folder opens.
6. Without releasing the icon, drag it towards the center of the folder to drop it.
Using Screen Time
Screen Time is a feature in iOS that allows you to monitor and manage your app usage. It can be used to hide apps on your home screen as well. Here’s how to do it:
1. Go to “Settings” and tap on “Screen Time.”
2. Tap “Content and Privacy Restrictions” and then turn on the toggle switch.
3. Tap on “Allowed Apps” to see a list of all the apps installed on your device.
4. Toggle off the apps that you want to hide.
Concluding Thoughts on How to Hide Apps on iPhone and iPad’s Home Screen
By following the simple steps mentioned above, you can easily hide apps on your iPhone and iPad’s home screen, and keep your screen clean and organized. Hiding apps that you do not frequently use can also help to reduce distractions, making you more productive.
FAQs About Hiding Apps on iPhone and iPad’s Home Screen
Here are some frequently asked questions related to hiding apps on iPhone and iPad’s home screen:
Q. Can I unhide the apps that I have hidden using the above techniques?
A. Yes, you can easily unhide the apps that you have hidden. For instance, if you have hidden an app using Screen Time, you can just toggle the switch back on, and the app will be visible again.
Q. Will hiding apps improve the performance of my device?
A. No, hiding apps does not have any effect on the performance of your device, but it can help in keeping your home screen clean and organized.
Q. Can I still search hidden apps using Siri?
A. Yes, even if you have hidden an app, you can still access it through Siri.
In conclusion, by using any of the techniques mentioned in this article, you can easily hide apps on your iPhone and iPad’s home screen. Keep in mind that hiding apps does not affect the performance of your device but comes in handy in keeping your home screen clean and organized.