Location Services is a crucial feature on iOS devices that provides users with location-related information for apps and services. It enables your device to share its location, integrate with maps, and other location-based services. However, there are instances where the feature may not work, and this can be a frustrating experience for iOS users.
This article will provide you with a comprehensive guide on how to fix iOS location services not working issue.
Checking Location Services Settings
Before attempting to fix the issue, ensure that Location Services is enabled on your device. To do this, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad
- Scroll down and select “Privacy.”
- Select “Location Services.”
- Ensure that “Location Services” is enabled. If not, toggle the switch to turn it on.
Force Quit the App
If your location services are not working on a particular app, force-quitting the app might resolve the issue. Here is how to force-quit an app:
- On devices with Face ID, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause in the middle of the screen to display the App Switcher. For devices with Touch ID, double-click the Home button.
- Swipe left or right to locate the app that has issues with location services.
- Swipe up on the app to force quit and close it.
- Re-launch the app and check if the location services are now functional.
Reset Location & Privacy Settings
If your location services still do not work, resetting the Location & Privacy settings might resolve the issue. Here is how you can reset this feature:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll down and select “General.”
- Scroll to the bottom and select “Reset.”
- Select “Reset Location & Privacy.”
- Enter your device passcode if prompted, and then confirm the action by tapping “Reset Settings.”
After this process, your location and privacy settings will be restored to their default settings, and you can now enable location services for apps that require access.
Ensure that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Are Turned On
Your location services may not work correctly if the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth features are turned off. When enabled, these features help increase the accuracy of your location. Try and turn on both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth while attempting to use location services.
Calibrate the Compass
Another factor that could affect location services accuracy is a poorly calibrated compass. You can calibrate your compass by doing the following:
- Open the “Compass” app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Hold your device in a figure-eight motion to calibrate the compass.
- Wait for a moment for the calibration to complete.
Concluding Thoughts on iOS Location Services Not Working
Location Services are essential for many apps and services on most iOS devices. If it stops working, it can be frustrating. This article has gone through various possible fixes to restore your location services. If the problem persists, checking for any software updates for your device could be the next step.
FAQs About iOS Location Services Not Working Fix
Q1. What causes location services to stop working?
A: Several things could cause location services to stop working, including software glitches, outdated system software, incorrect settings, or a hardware issue.
Q2. How can I enable location services on my iPhone?
A: Go to “Settings” and select “Privacy,” then select “Location Services” and toggle the switch to turn it on.
Q3. How can I increase the accuracy of my location services?
A: Turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on your device, calibrate your compass, and keep your software up to date.
Q4. Why is my location not updating on various apps?
A: The most likely cause is that your device has an outdated system software.