Airpods have become more than just a headphone accessory, they’ve become a symbol of portable music. But what do you do when one of them gets lost or damaged? Fret not because the process of connecting a replacement airpod is a relatively simple one. In this article, we will take you through detailed steps to connect a replacement airpod with ease.
Detailed Discussion on How to Connect a Replacement Airpod
The process of connecting a replacement airpod can be broken down into three parts: reset your existing airpods, put your new airpod in pairing mode, and then connect the new airpod to your device.
Step 1: Reset Your Existing Airpods
Resetting your existing airpods puts them in a state that is ready to be paired with a new airpod. Follow these simple steps:
1. Bring your airpods close to your device
2. On your device, go to “Settings”, select “Bluetooth”, and then tap on the “i” icon next to your airpods
3. Select “Forget This Device”, then confirm by tapping on “Forget Device”
4. Place your airpods in the charging case and close the lid. Wait for at least 30 seconds before proceeding to the next step
Step 2: Put Your New Airpod in Pairing Mode
Putting your new airpod in pairing mode is what allows it to be detected and connected to your device. To put your new airpod in pairing mode:
1. Remove your new airpod from its charging case
2. Press and hold the button on the back of the airpod until the LED light flashes white
3. Release the button and wait for the LED light to flash amber
Step 3: Connect the New Airpod to Your Device
Now that your new airpod is in pairing mode, it’s ready to connect to your device.
1. On your device, go to “Settings”, select “Bluetooth”, and then tap on the “+” icon to add a new device
2. Select your new airpod from the list of available devices and wait for it to connect
And there you have it! Your new airpod should now be connected to your device.
Concluding Thoughts on How to Connect a Replacement Airpod
Connecting a replacement airpod is a pretty straightforward process. It just requires a little bit of patience, and before you know it, you’ll be good to go. If you happen to run into any problems during the process, go through the steps again with care. Hopefully, this guide has helped you connect your replacement airpod without any difficulty.
FAQs About How to Connect a Replacement Airpod
Q: What do I do if my new airpod is not connecting to my device?
A: If your new airpod is not connecting to your device, make sure your device is compatible with the airpod, put your airpod back in pairing mode, and try again.
Q: Can I connect my new airpod to a different device?
A: Yes, simply disconnect your airpods from the device it is currently connected to, and follow the steps outlined above to connect it to a new device.
Q: Do I need to reset my existing airpods before connecting my new airpod?
A: Yes, resetting your existing airpods is an essential step to take before connecting a new airpod.
In conclusion, connecting a replacement airpod is a relatively simple process. Follow the steps outlined above, and you should not have any difficulty connecting your new airpod. Remember always to be patient and take your time.