You may have received the ” no Service” message when unlocking your iPhone 4, 5, 5S or 5C using the factory unlock method. We have some good news for you before you panic and hit the panic button. We’re not going to panic, as this post is tailored to your specific needs.
iPhone No Service Error Fix
This problem is most common for users with iPhone 3GS and the popular iPad baseband. You may also encounter the problem if you use utlrasn0w unlock to accomplish this purpose. The No service message may also appear after activation or deactivation of your device using SAM & Redsn0w. It can also occur after restoration and updating of your device, or even if you attempted to jailbreak it.
Contrary to popular belief, the problem is not with the unlocking method. Problem is, the SIM card you are using isn’t compatible.
Your phone is locked to the AT&T or another carrier; any other SIM card is not compatible. There are many reasons your phone is showing the No Services message.
Steps to Fix – No Service iPhone 4, 4S iPhone 5 5S iPhone 6 6+ iPhone 6s 6s Plus 6s
Step 1 Place the SIM card that is not compatible. Next, go to General -> Setup -> Reset Network Settings. Then, create a backup of all important files and folders before you try to reset the network Settings because data may get erased.
Step 2 : Once you are in Settings, Airplane mode will be available to you. This can be used to resolve the problem. What you should do in this case is insert the uncompatible SIM and toggle the Airplane mode on/off several times before signals are picked again.
Step 3 Place the SIM card again, and then turn on your iPhone. You can also go the opposite way.
Step 4 : Go to Settings > General > Cellular/Network, toggle Cellular Data, Data Roaming and Enable 3G, and wait for the device’s signals to start to come in. Switch off the device if the options have been toggled. Wait. There are a few opinions that the iPhone can be restarted using only two buttons. This will allow you to get service quickly.
Step 5: No Service problem being suffered from SAMPrefs activation and deactivation or redsn0w can also be fixed. Follow these steps to fix the problem.
- Connect the device to iTunes using a USB connector and place a SIM card that is not your original sim.
- Do a backup of the device and then select Restore. You can also restore the iPhone without holding Shift/Option or by placing it in DFU mode.
- You will see two options after restoration is complete: Restore from backup or Setup iPhone as new phone. You can choose the second option.
- After selecting the second option, activation steps need to be passed. It can be done with a non-compatible SIM. Wait for the Signals to arrive. If nothing happens, you can repeat the process.
Step 6: There are many iPhones with iPads baseband 06.15.00 through ultrasn0w 1.2.8 unlock. This could also be the cause of your issue. Go to Settings -> General-> About-> Modem firmware. It is necessary to downgrade the baseband if it is lower than 06.15.00 This is how it works:
- Download redsn0w on Windows and run as administrator.
- To enter DFU mode, go to Extras > Just boot and follow the on-screen instructions in redsn0w.
- Start iTunes now and restore your device.
- Restart DFU mode.
- Get the most recent iOS firmware version.
- Go to Extras -> Select IPSW In Redsn0w, and then select the iOS file you downloaded in the previous step.
- Go to the main redsn0w window and choose jailbreak.
- Select downgrade from iPad baseband, untick Install Cydia, and then select Next. That’s all.
Step 7 If you wish to use a SIM card from another carrier, you should order it rather than trying to cut it yourself.
Step 8: Sometimes, the carrier in your area is not good. Contact the carrier to let them know that this is the case.
Step 9. An antenna problem could also be a reason for the No Service error in your factory-unlocked iPhone. The antenna problem could also be a reason for the No Service error on your factory unlocked iPhone. This is all we have for you today and you can try out different ways. We hope one of these methods works for you. Keep in mind that unlocking is not an issue for No Service Message. The iPhone will not be activated if it isn’t. Did you fix your iPhone No Service error?