Detailed Discussion on iTunes Backup Now Not Working After macOS Upgrade Tips to Consider
It happens to the best of us. You upgrade your macOS, and suddenly, your iTunes backup fails to work. You may ask, “Why did this happen? What can I do about it?” Here are some tips to consider if you are facing this issue:
1. Check iTunes version
Ensure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your Mac, as Apple frequently releases updates. To update to the latest version, open the ‘App Store’ app on your macOS and search for ‘iTunes.’
2. Check for backups in Time Machine
In some cases, iTunes backup fails to work if there is a problem with the backup data that you are trying to restore. In this case, you can try to look for backups in Time Machine. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Click on the ‘Apple’ icon in the top left corner of the screen and select ‘System Preferences.’
2. Click on ‘Time Machine.’
3. Use the arrows to navigate to the backup date that you want to restore.
4. Select the folders or files you want to restore and click on ‘Restore.’
3. Check for storage space
If you do not have enough storage space on your Mac, your iTunes backup may fail to work. To check your storage space:
1. Click on the ‘Apple’ icon in the top left corner of the screen and select ‘About This Mac.’
2. Click on ‘Storage.’ You will see a graph of your storage space.
3. If your storage space is nearly full, try deleting some unwanted files or moving them to an external hard drive.
4. Restart your Mac and iOS device
Sometimes, restarting your Mac and iOS device can resolve the issue. To do this:
1. Click on the ‘Apple’ icon in the top left corner of the screen and select ‘Restart.’
2. Turn off your iOS device and turn it back on again.
5. Remove and re-add your device in iTunes
If none of the above tips work, try removing and re-adding your iOS device in iTunes.
1. Connect your iOS device to your Mac.
2. Open iTunes and select your device.
3. Click on ‘Summary’ in the left sidebar and then click on ‘Backups.’
4. Select ‘This Computer’ under ‘Automatically Back Up.’
5. Click on ‘Back Up Now.’
Concluding Thoughts on iTunes Backup Now Not Working After macOS Upgrade Tips to Consider
iTunes backup not working can be a frustrating issue to deal with, particularly after an upgrade to macOS. However, applying the tips outlined here may help to resolve the issue. Remember always to keep your iTunes app updated, ensure you have enough storage space, and try to restart your Mac and iOS device. If these tips do not work, try removing and re-adding your device in iTunes.
FAQs about iTunes Backup Now Not Working After macOS Upgrade Tips to Consider
Q1. Why does iTunes backup fail after macOS upgrade?
A1. An upgrade to your macOS can cause compatibility issues between iTunes and your iOS device. Sometimes, the backup data that you are trying to restore may also be the cause of the problem.
Q2. What should I do if I run out of storage space during backup?
A2. If you run out of storage space during a backup, iTunes may fail to back up your iOS device. In this case, try deleting some unwanted files or moving them to an external hard drive.
Q3. How do I ensure I have the latest version of iTunes?
A3. You can check for updates by opening the ‘App Store’ app on your macOS and searching for ‘iTunes.’ If a new version is available, click on ‘Update.’
Q4. What do I do if none of the tips here work?
A4. If none of the tips here work, you may need to contact Apple Support for further assistance.
In conclusion, dealing with an iTunes backup issue after a macOS upgrade is a typical problem. However, applying the tips discussed here should help you to resolve the issue. Remember to keep your iTunes updated, ensure adequate storage space, and restart your devices regularly to prevent this problem from reoccurring.