Are you tired of experiencing issues with your iPhone after an iOS update? Don’t worry – you’re not alone. If you’re an Apple user, you know how frustrating it can be when your iPhone is bricked after an iOS update – making it a useless brick that won’t even turn on. However, you don’t have to feel hopeless. In this article, we’ll take a deep dive into how to fix your bricked iPhone after an iOS 10 update.
Detailed Discussion on iOS 10 Update Bricked iPhone Fix
Without a doubt, one issue that Apple users dread most is encountering a bricked iPhone. This problem can happen both during and after an iOS 10 update. When this occurs, the device gets stuck in a boot loop displaying the Apple Logo and the progress bar below that goes nowhere.
Fortunately, here are some ways to solve the problem in no time:
Method 1: Force Restart
A force restart can help refresh the device memory when it’s overwhelmed; it can also fix problems when software updates fail. This method varies depending on the model of the iPhone you use:
• For iPhone 6s or earlier, hold the home button and the power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears.
• For iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, hold down the power button and volume down button together until the Apple logo appears.
• For iPhone 8, iPhone X, or later devices, first press and release the volume up button, shortly followed by the volume down button. Then hold down the side/power button until the Apple logo appears.
Method 2: Connect to iTunes
Connecting your iPhone to iTunes is an ideal option if the force restart method doesn’t work. The process of connecting your iPhone to iTunes is simple; all you need is to have a connection cable, a PC, and the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer.
Here are the steps to follow:
1. Connect your iPhone to your PC/Mac using an original USB cable.
2. Launch iTunes, and then Restoring iPhone via iTunes will appear.
3. Press “Restore iPhone” and wait until the process completes.
Method 3: Use the Recovery Mode
The recovery method is the best solution when all else fails. Here are the steps:
1. Connect your iPhone to your PC/Mac with an original USB cable.
2. Launch iTunes, and then turn on your iPhone.
3. Press and hold the home button (on iPhone 6s or earlier) or the volume down button (on iPhone 7 or above) together with the side button.
4. Keep holding the buttons until the recovery mode icon appears.
5. Then select “Restore” when presented with the option on iTunes.
Concluding Thoughts on iOS 10 Update Bricked iPhone Fix
Bricking an iPhone is frustrating, especially if there is no Apple support center in your area. But the methods outlined above can help you fix the issue. If all fails, it’s time to consider replacing your iPhone or seek professional help.
So, there you have it, a comprehensive guide to fixing a bricked iPhone after an iOS 10 update.
FAQs on iOS 10 Update Bricked iPhone Fix
Q1. What does it mean when an iPhone is “bricked?”
A: An iPhone is considered “bricked” when it becomes useless and won’t turn on after an iOS update.
Q2. What causes an iPhone to become bricked?
A: An iPhone can be bricked due to incorrect installation of updates, software malfunction, hardware failure or interruptions during the update process.
Q3. Do I need to replace my iPhone if it becomes bricked?
A: Not necessarily – you can try the methods outlined in this article to fix your bricked iPhone or seek professional help.
Q4. Can I prevent my iPhone from becoming bricked after an iOS update?
A: To prevent your iPhone from getting bricked, ensure you have enough storage space before installing the update, and make sure to backup your iPhone before updating it.
In conclusion, knowing how to fix your bricked iPhone after an iOS 10 update is crucial, and we hope that this guide has been helpful in assisting you. The good news is that your iPhone can be fixed; you don’t have to live with it being unusable. Follow the methods outlined above and make your iPhone work seamlessly again.