Do you feel like your Android device is moving at a turtle’s pace? Do you find it frustrating when apps take longer than usual to open, processes take longer time than expected, and games don’t run smoothly? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll show you how to speed up your Android device so you can experience better performance.
Detailed discussion on how to speed up your android device
1. Identify the Culprit
Before finding a solution, we must find the problem. Identifying what’s causing the sluggishness will help you find a tailored solution. To identify the culprit, follow these steps:
- Open Settings and tap ‘About Phone’
- Then tap ‘Software information’ and ‘Build number,’ then press seven times until you get a message that reads ‘You are now a developer’
- Go back to Settings, you will now see a new menu ‘Developer Options’
- Tap ‘Running Services’
- Here, you can see the list of apps actively running. You can stop any app consuming too much RAM by tapping ‘Stop.’
2. Uninstall Unnecessary Apps
If you have plenty of apps installed on your Android device, it could significantly slow it down. All active apps consume RAM, which in turn affects the speed of your device. Here’s how to uninstall an app on Android:
- Hold down the app icon
- Select ‘uninstall,’ and confirm.
3. Clear Cached Data
Cached data is data temporarily stored, and while it might help apps to load more quickly, an accumulation of cached data could lead to a sluggish device. Here’s how to clear cache on Android:
- Go to ‘Settings’ and click ‘Storage’
- Select ‘Cached data,’ and tap OK to confirm the action
4. Update Your Apps and Android OS
Updating your apps could help you enjoy faster speeds and access new features. App developers tend to release updates that help improve performance, which is why it’s essential to make sure your apps are always up to date. Also, ensure that your Android device has the latest software updates installed. To check for updates, follow these steps:
- Go to ‘Settings’
- Click ‘Software Update’
- Select ‘Download and Install’ if any updates are available
5. Disable Animations
Animations might look nice, but they can significantly slow down your device. Disabling them will give you faster app opening times and smoother overall performance. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to ‘Settings’ and click ‘About device’
- Tap ‘Software information’
- Click ‘Build number’ seven times
- Go back to the initial ‘Settings’ page and scroll down to the bottom
- Tap ‘Developer Options’ and click ‘Windows Animation Scale,’ ‘Animator duration scale,’ and ‘Transitions animation scale’
- Select ‘off’
Concluding thoughts on how to speed up your android device
An Android device is designed to perform multiple tasks, but when it becomes slow, it becomes challenging and frustrating to use. By identifying the culprit, uninstalling unnecessary apps, clearing the cached data, and updating apps and OS, you can speed up your Android device. Additionally, disabling animations can go a long way in enhancing your device’s performance.
FAQs about how to speed up your android device
Can I speed up my Android device without rooting it?
Yes. The solutions discussed above don’t require you to root your device.
What are the common causes of a slow Android device?
Some of the most common causes of a slow Android device include too many apps running in the background, an accumulation of cached data, and an outdated OS version.
What are some of the best Android devices for better performance?
The best Android devices for better performance include Google Pixel 5, Samsung Galaxy S20, OnePlus 8T, and Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro.
In conclusion, if you’re struggling with a slow Android device, the solutions we’ve provided could help solve your problem. From updating your apps and OS to clearing cached data, these solutions are practical, easy to implement, and effective. So why not give them a try?