The iPad is a versatile device that can be used for work, entertainment, and everything in between. One of its features is Slide Over, a multitasking mode that provides quick access to your favorite apps. Slide Over lets you open a second app in a floating window, which you can easily slide on and off the screen, making it an efficient way to switch between two apps. In this article, we will discuss how to enable and hide Slide Over on iPadOS so you can unlock your iPad’s multitasking potential.
Enabling Slide Over
Slide Over mode is enabled by default on iPads running iPadOS. However, if you have disabled Slide Over to improve your device’s performance or battery life, or you have just purchased a new iPad, follow these steps to enable Slide Over:
1. Open Settings on your iPad.
2. Scroll down and tap on “Home Screen & Dock”.
3. Scroll down to “Multitasking” and toggle on “Allow Multiple Apps” if it is turned off.
4. Turn on the switch for “Picture in Picture,” which should be underneath “Allow Multiple Apps.”
You have successfully enabled Slide Over on your iPad.
Using Slide Over
Now that Slide Over is enabled, let’s dive into how to use this multitasking feature.
1. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to the middle of the screen to open the Dock.
2. Tap and hold on an app icon in the Dock, and drag it to the right or left of the screen.
3. The app will open in Slide Over mode. You can use the handle at the top of the window to adjust the size of the Slide Over window.
4. You can slide the app off the screen by flicking it to the left or right.
Note: You can have more than one Slide Over window open at the same time. Simply drag another app from the Dock onto the first Slide Over window.
Hiding Slide Over
If you no longer need to use Slide Over, you can quickly hide it by following these steps:
1. Swipe the Slide Over window to the right or left edge of the screen.
2. Alternatively, you can swipe down on the grey bar at the top of the Slide Over window, and it will disappear from view.
Concluding Thoughts on How to Enable and Hide Slide Over on iPadOS
Slide Over is a fantastic multitasking feature on the iPad that can help you be more productive by allowing you to quickly access your favorite apps. By following the steps outlined above, you can easily enable and disable Slide Over on your iPad. With little effort, you can customize your workflow and use this feature to get things done.
FAQs About How to Enable and Hide Slide Over on iPadOS
Q1. Can I enable Slide Over on older iPads?
A1. No, Slide Over requires an iPad that supports Split View.
Q2. How many Slide Over windows can I have open at the same time?
A2. You can have up to three Slide Over windows open at the same time.
Q3. Can I switch the location of the Slide Over window?
A3. Yes, you can move the Slide Over window by dragging the grey bar at the top and dropping it to a new location.
Q4. Can I hide Slide Over without closing the app?
A4. Yes, you can swipe the Slide Over window to the right or left edge of the screen or swipe down on the grey bar at the top of the window to hide it.
In conclusion, Slide Over on iPadOS is an excellent way to multitask on your iPad. With the steps highlighted above, you should now be able to enable, use, and hide Slide Over. Whether you’re a student, creative professional, or business person, Slide Over is a useful feature that can enhance your productivity and make your iPad experience even more enjoyable.