HomePod and Apple TV 4K are two of the most popular Apple products that people use for their entertainment needs. While both devices work great on their own, combining them can elevate your home entertainment experience to a whole new level. If you’re wondering how to use HomePod with Apple TV 4K, read on to find out.
Detailed Discussion on How to Use HomePod with Apple TV 4K
Using HomePod with Apple TV is simple and straightforward. All you need to do is follow these steps:
Step 1: Connect Your HomePod to Apple TV
To connect your HomePod to Apple TV, you must have the following:
- Apple TV 4K running on tvOS 14.2 or later
- HomePod or HomePod mini running on software version 14.2 or later
- Same Wi-Fi network
Once you have the required devices, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Home screen of your Apple TV and select “Settings”.
- Scroll down and select “Video and Audio”.
- Under “Speaker”, click on “Audio Output”.
- Select your HomePod from the list of available devices on your screen.
Step 2: Set HomePod as Default Audio Output for Your Apple TV
Once you’ve connected your HomePod to your Apple TV, you can then set the HomePod as the default audio output. Here’s how:
- Head to “Settings” on your Apple TV.
- Select “Video and Audio.”
- Scroll down and select “Audio Output.”
- Select “HomePod” from the available audio options.
- Finally, select “Default Audio Output.”
Step 3: Control Audio Playback on Your HomePod via Siri
Once you have connected the HomePod to Apple TV and set it as the default audio output, you can control playback on your HomePod via Siri. Use Siri to play, pause, skip, rewind, or adjust the volume of whatever you’re watching. Here are some common Siri commands you can use:
- ”Hey Siri, play the latest episode of The Crown on Netflix”
- ”Hey Siri, turn the volume up/down”
- ”Hey Siri, pause the movie”
Concluding Thoughts on How to Use HomePod with Apple TV 4K
Connecting your HomePod to your Apple TV 4K can take your home entertainment experience to a whole new level. With better sound quality and the ability to control playback via Siri, the HomePod-Apple TV combo is a match made in heaven. Just follow the steps above, and you’ll be enjoying your favorite movies and TV shows in no time.
FAQs about How to Use HomePod with Apple TV 4K
Q: Do I need to have both HomePod and Apple TV 4K to use them together?
A: Yes, you need both devices to connect and use them together.
Q: Can I control Apple TV using my HomePod if they’re not on the same Wi-Fi Network?
A: No, both devices have to be on the same Wi-Fi network for the connection to work.
Q: Can I use multiple HomePods with one Apple TV?
A: Yes, you can connect and use up to two HomePods with one Apple TV 4K using the same method mentioned above.