Instagram is one of the most widely used social networking sites. It’s popular among users for chatting with their friends and acquaintances. There is a technique to recover communications that you mistakenly erased or deleted and subsequently discovered you needed.
In seven simple steps, the following instructions will show you how to retrieve deleted Instagram messages.
How to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages?
- Visit the Instagram website and sign in using your credentials.
- Click your profile icon from the top right corner of the page.
- Tap on the Edit Profile button located to the right of your username.
- Select the Privacy and Security option on the left menu.
- Scroll down to the Data Download section and tap on Request Download.
- Enter your email address and select the information format and click Next.
- Enter your password and press the Request Download button.
Following the steps above, you will get an email with the subject line “Your Instagram details” to your account email.
A green link to download your information may be found in the message’s body. The link will take you to the Instagram website, where you can download your whole profile.
You’ll need to unzip the downloaded files because they’re in.zip format. Depending on the format you choose in step seven, there will be an HTML or JSON file within the zip file.
A notepad may be used to read the JSON files, and a web browser such as Chrome can be used to open the HTML file.
After Instagram sends you your requested information, you will only be able to download it for four days.
After you request the email, it might take up to two days for them to provide it to you. If it takes more than four days for you to click the link and download the information you requested, you must complete steps one through seven and request it again.
That concludes the procedure for restoring deleted Instagram messages. Now, if you find you’ve deleted a message by accident, you’ll have no trouble recovering it in no time!