Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you couldn’t find Apple Books on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac? Not being able to access your favorite reading material can be frustrating, especially if you’re someone who loves to read on the go. This article will guide you through the steps you can take to fix Apple Books missing on your devices, and get back to reading.
How to Fix Apple Books Missing on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
Check if Apple Books is Hidden
Sometimes, you might have accidentally hidden the Apple Books app, and that’s why you can’t find it. To see if this is the case, follow these steps:
- Swipe down from the middle of your iPhone or iPad’s home screen to open the search bar.
- Type “Books” or “Apple Books” into the search bar.
- If the app icon appears, but is greyed out, it means it’s hidden. To unhide it, press and hold the icon and then tap on “Unhide”.
Restart Your Device
If Apple Books is still missing, then try restarting your device. This will help refresh your device’s system, and the app might reappear on your home screen. To restart your device, follow these steps:
- iPhone 8 or earlier: Press and hold the power button until “slide to power off” appears on the screen. Slide the button to the right to turn off your phone. After a few seconds, press and hold the power button again until the Apple logo appears to turn it back on.
- iPhone X or later: Press and hold the power button and one of the volume buttons until “slide to power off” appears on the screen. Slide the button to the right to turn off your phone. After a few seconds, press and hold the power button again until the Apple logo appears to turn it back on.
- iPad and Mac: Press and hold the power button until the “slide to power off” slider appears. Move the slider to the right to turn off your device. After a few seconds, press the power button again to turn it back on.
Update Your Device
If neither of the above steps works, make sure that your device is up-to-date with the latest software updates. A software bug could be causing the app to disappear, and an update may fix that issue. To update your device:
- iPhone or iPad: Go to Settings > General > Software Update. If there’s an update available, tap “Download and Install”.
- Mac: Go to System Preferences > Software Update. If there’s an update available, click on “Update Now”.
Concluding Thoughts on How to Fix Apple Books Missing on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
If Apple Books is still missing after following the above steps, it may be time to contact Apple Support for assistance. However, the above steps should fix most of the issues that cause the app to be missing. Apple Books is a great app for reading, and you don’t want to miss out on all the amazing content it has to offer.
FAQs About How to Fix Apple Books Missing on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
How can I be sure that I’ve checked if Apple Books is hidden or not?
If Apple Books is hidden, the app icon will still appear on your home screen, but it will be greyed-out. Press and hold the icon to check if it’s hidden. If the option to unhide the app appears, click on it to reveal the app on your home screen.
What if I don’t have any software updates available?
If there are no updates available for your device, double-check that you’re running the latest version of the operating system. Go to Settings < General < About on your iPhone or iPad, and click the Apple icon at the top left corner of your Mac’s screen to see what version of the operating system you’re currently running.
Should I be concerned if I’m unable to fix the issue on my own?
If you’ve followed all the recommended steps to fix Apple Books and it’s still not appearing on your device, contact Apple Support for assistance. They have the expertise to help you find a solution to your problem.