Many users have voiced worries about the ability to retrieve their data as more of their data goes onto the cloud.
Many large cloud storage providers, including Google, have taken note of these risks.
You’re in luck if you use Google Drive and wish to export or backup all of your data at once. Here’s how to get your whole Google Drive.
How to Download your Entire Google Drive?
Google offers many methods for removing data from Google Drive. We’ll go through two approaches here. Approach 1 is the recommended method since it completes the job precisely and with the least amount of effort on our part. Let’s get started.
Method 1: Google Takeout (preferred)
- Open up your accounts Data & Privacy Settings
- You can either go to this link
- Or you can open up Google Drive
- Click on your Icon at the top left
- Click Manage your Google Account
- Click on Data & Privacy on the left
- Click on Data from apps and services you use
- Under Download or delete your data, click Download your data
- Click Deselect all
- Scroll down and select Drive
- Scroll down and select Next
- Choose your export settings
- You can choose your delivery method, compression type, and max compressed file size.
- Click Create export
It will take some time for your backup to be completed when you click on “Create export.” Depending on the quantity of data on your Google Drive, this procedure might take minutes to hours.
If you left the default export settings, you will get an email with a download link to your compressed files. Open it and click the link to download your zipped files. You may also automate this procedure by getting exports every two months for a year under the export settings.
You may also use this approach to download data from other Google applications, such as your Calendar, Chrome Bookmarks, Notes, Mail, and others.
Method 2: Direct Folder Download
The second technique is preferable if you need to download particular files or if all of the items you want are collected together in a folder. However, if you have a large amount of dispersed data, Method 1 is the better option.
- Open Google Drive and go to the root folder
- Click the first file or folder in the list
- Hit CTRL + A to select all of the visible files
- If you have to scroll to see extra files, scroll down and hit CTRL + A again.
- Right-click the selected files and hit Download
After clicking the download button, a progress pane will display in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Google will ZIP your files before beginning the download. Depending on how numerous and big your files are, the procedure may take some time.
That’s it—two easy methods for downloading your whole Google Drive. You can now better manage your data and even clear up a congested Google Drive. We hope you find this information helpful!