Are you getting tired of seeing the same old login picture on your Mac every time you turn it on or wake it up from sleep mode? Worry not! In this article, we will show you how to change your login picture on Mac with simple steps.
Detailed Discussion on How to Change Login Picture on Mac
There are multiple ways to change your login picture on Mac, and in this section, we will discuss the two easiest and widely used methods.
Method 1: Using System Preferences
To change your login picture using system preferences, follow the steps below:
- Click on the Apple logo located on the top left corner of your screen and choose “System Preferences” from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the “Users & Groups” option.
- Select the user account for which you want to change the login picture, which is located on the left-hand side of the window.
- Click on the current login picture, and a dropdown menu will appear.
- Choose the “Edit Picture” option.
- A preview window will appear, allowing you to select a new image from your Photo library or from any other location on your Mac.
- Once you have selected the picture of your choice, click on the “Choose” button, and your new login picture will be set.
Method 2: Using the Camera
You can also use your Mac’s built-in camera to take a new picture for your login screen. Here’s how to do it:
- Follow steps 1-3 mentioned in Method 1 to reach the user account that you want to edit.
- Click on the current login picture and select “Take Photo” from the dropdown menu.
- A camera window will appear, allowing you to take a picture. Make sure to align your face within the frame to capture the perfect shot.
- Click on the “Take Picture” button, and your new picture will be set as your login picture.
Concluding Thoughts on How to Change Login Picture on Mac
Changing your login picture on Mac is a simple process, and you don’t need to be an expert to do it. You can easily customize your login screen by following the above-mentioned steps and adding any picture of your choice. A personalized login picture not only adds a personal touch to your Mac but also makes it easier to identify your user account.
FAQs about How to Change Login Picture on Mac
Q1. Can I revert to the default login picture if I don’t like the new one?
Yes, you can revert to the default login picture at any time by following the same steps mentioned above and selecting the “Default Picture” option while editing your login picture.
Q2. Can I set different login pictures for different user accounts on my Mac?
Yes, you can set different login pictures for different user accounts by following the same steps mentioned above for the specific user account that you want to customize.
Q3. Can I use a GIF or a video as my login picture on Mac?
No, Mac only accepts images as login pictures. However, you can convert your favorite GIF or video to an image file and then use it as your login picture.
In conclusion, changing the login picture on your Mac is a simple process that you can do in just a few clicks. So go ahead, personalize your login screen, and add some flair to your Mac!