Do you want to improve your writing skills and catch errors in your documents? Grammarly is an excellent tool that can help you do just that. However, adding it to Microsoft Word on a Mac can be confusing for some users. In this post, we will take you through a step-by-step guide on how to add Grammarly to Word on your Mac.
How to Add Grammarly to Word on Mac
Before we start, it is essential to note that Grammarly does not have a native app for Mac. Therefore, you need to use the web version to access it. Here are the steps that you should follow:
Step 1: Install Grammarly for Mac
The first thing you need to do is to download and install the Grammarly extension for Safari, Chrome, or Firefox on your macOS. To do this, follow the steps below:
– Go to the Grammarly website and click on “Apps” from the menu at the top of the page.
– Scroll down to the “Grammarly for Safari” extension and click “Download.”
– After downloading, open the DMG file and install the app by dragging it to the Applications folder.
– When prompted, click on “Open” to launch Grammarly.
Step 2: Enable Grammarly in Microsoft Word
Once you have installed the Grammarly app, you need to enable Grammarly in Microsoft Word. Here’s how:
– Open Microsoft Word on your Mac and create a new document.
– Click on the “Tools” menu and select “Add-Ins.”
– In the Add-Ins dialog box, find and select “Grammarly.”
– Click the “Add” button to install the add-in. When prompted to log in, enter your Grammarly account details.
– Once you have logged in, click on the Grammarly add-in again, and click “Enable.”
Step 3: Start Using Grammarly in Microsoft Word
Now that you have enabled Grammarly, you can start using it in your Word documents. Here’s how:
– Type your text into the Word document as you usually would.
– Grammarly will automatically check your text for any spelling, grammar, or punctuation errors. It will highlight them in red, blue, or green, depending on the error type.
– Hover over the highlighted error to see the Grammarly suggestion for correcting it.
– Click on “Correct with Grammarly” to accept the suggestion or “Ignore” to dismiss the suggestion.
Concluding Thoughts on How to Add Grammarly to Word on Mac
Adding Grammarly to Word on a Mac is straightforward once you know the steps to follow. By using the Grammarly extension, you can improve your writing skills and create error-free documents more efficiently.
FAQs about How to Add Grammarly to Word on Mac
Q: Do I need a premium Grammarly account to use it in Microsoft Word?
A: No, you can use a free Grammarly account to use the add-in in Word. However, the premium account provides more advanced features such as genre-specific writing styles, plagiarism checks, and vocabulary suggestions.
Q: Can I use Grammarly in other apps on my Mac?
A: Yes, besides Microsoft Word, Grammarly also supports Google Docs, Gmail, and other apps.
Q: Does Grammarly work offline on a Mac?
A: No, Grammarly requires an Internet connection to check your text for spelling and grammar errors.
In conclusion, adding Grammarly to Word on a Mac is simple and easy to do. By following the steps outlined above and enabling the Grammarly Add-in, you can enhance your writing skills and create error-free documents. So, why wait? Give it a try today and see the difference it can make in your writing.