Every year on the first day of Chaitra, the first month of the lunar or Hindu calendar, Gudi Padwa is commemorated. According to the Gregorian calendar, this lucky day usually occurs in late March or early May.
This holiday is also known as Ugadi in the state of Karnataka and is celebrated as the Marathi New Year. Although most people consider it to be the start of the new year, Gudi Padwa is observed for a variety of reasons.
Hindus believe that Lord Brahma created the universe on this day, hence they dedicate this day to our country’s numerous gods. Gudi Padwa also marks the start of the harvest season, which means the rabi crop season is over and people may eat ripe fruits.
Maharashtra residents raise a flag or a Gudhi with silk fabric, an overturned copper or silver vessel, and some flower and leaf designs on Gudi Padwa.
These are thought to be good luck emblems that ward off the evil eye and are displayed from windows, trees, or rooftops. Spring cleaning is especially popular, and it is common to dress up in fresh clothing and greet one another with “Gudi Padwa!“
Let us greet each other with a happy Gudi Padwa and pray for a healthy and prosperous world.
With these Gudi Padwa messages, quotes, greetings, and wishes, you may wish your friends, family, and loved ones a Happy Gudi Padwa:
- May you find new avenues of success and may your life be fulfilling. Wishing you a Happy Gudi Padwa.
- This Gudi Padwa, may your enemies become friends, the darkness of negativity fade away from your life, and you discover a new person within you. Happy Gudi Padwa!
- Fortunate is the one who has learned to admire, but not to envy. Good Wishes for a joyous Gudi Padwa and a Happy New Year with plenty of Peace and Prosperity.
- Here’s wishing that my rangoli adds more colors to your spring, just the way you do to our friendship! Wish you a bright and colorful Gudi Padwa!
- May the light that we celebrate at Gudi Padwa show us the way and lead us together on the path of peace and social harmony.
- May this Gudi Padwa be as bright as ever and I hope this Gudi Padwa brings you happiness, health, and wealth. Wishing Gudi Padwa.
- May you get a fortune as long as Ganeshji’s trunk, prosperity big as his stomach, happiness sweet as his ladoos, and troubles small as his mouse. Happy Gudi Padwa.
- Celebrate the auspicious occasion of Gudi Padwa amidst fanfare and religious favor. May the day bestow on you and your family members. My best wishes to you.
- Gudi Padwa is God’s way of saying –I am sending a fresh start your way. Happy beginnings!
- Gudi Padwa is a symbolic festival that pronounces life as neither completely sour nor completely sweet. Wishing you a Happy Gudi Padwa!
- As we step into another year, I wish that you enjoy the occasion of Gudi Padwa with your family and friends and create beautiful memories to cherish.
- Hoist your Gudi! and pray for a new year that is full of happiness and peace for you and your family. Happy Gudi Padwa!
- Raw mangoes, neem, and jaggery represent the sour, bitter, and sweet flavors of life.
May the flavors of Gudi fill your life in the coming year.
Happy Gudi Padwa!
- May the bright colors of Gudi Padwa fill your heart with new energy to grab the best of the opportunities in the coming year! Happy Gudi Padwa!
- Raise the Gudi, join your hands
Pray to god, he understands
Live each day to the fullest
May this Gudi Padwa bring happiness, health, and joy!
- May the fruits of your happiness ripen this year. May success be all yours… Wish you a prosperous Gudi Padwa!
- Gudi Padwa is a new beginning of dreams, hopes, and happiness too. May this wonderful year bring success, surprises, and happiness to you. Have a great Gudi Padwa 2022
- This Gudi Padwa, may you bear the fruits of your hard work! Happy Gudi Padwa!
- Today is a new day, adorned with new hopes, new plans, and new missions. We wish your entire year is full of new smiles, new successes, new joys, and new adventures. Wishing you and your family a Happy Gudi Padwa.
- A new ray of light
A new beginning of success is coming your way
Wish you the best life could offer, Happy Gudi Padwa.
- May this New Year herald the advent of prosperity for you and your family. May God shower his blessings upon your home on the auspicious. Happy Gudi Padwa!
- Raise your Gudi, fold your hands, and pray to God for the well-being of your folks and mankind!
- Gudi Padwa is the beginning of dreams, hopes, happiness, and surprises. Have a great Gudi Padwa!
- Prosperity and success are what I wish for you. Happiness and success are what I desire for you. Wishing you a Happy Gudi Padwa for a wonderful year ahead.
- May each day of this year be as bright and beautiful as your rangoli. Wishing you a very Happy Gudi Padwa!
With these emotional Gudi Padwa greetings, you may now wish your friends, family, and loved ones a Happy Gudi Padwa. Share it with your loved ones via messaging applications like WhatsApp or Instagram, or make them a personalized greeting card.