If you have your swimming pool, you’ll have to know what kind of pool shock you need to add to the water to have high-quality water to swim in. There are a few various types of pool shock that you can choose from in the market.
It will help you a lot if you know what kind of pool shock is the best for your pool, so to help you determine which the most suitable product is for you, we have prepared this article with a list of pool shock products with informational reviews.
Top 5 Best Pool Shocks for the money
There is no best pool shock in the market, but you can choose the perfect product if you based it on the characteristics of your pool. So to help you out, we have prepared a list of items to know which product is ideal for your pool.
If you need to improve water quality learn more about water softener brands.
1. Clorox Pool and Spa Shock Xtra Blue
This is a powerful pool shock that you can buy in the market. Unlike the other products that are sold in packs, this one comes in a bottle that is very easy to pour without waste. This is much easier to use compared to those that come in a pack.
The product contains a certain kinds of crystals that can help kill and prevent blue, mustard, green, and black algae from getting and forming in your pool. One pound of this product can treat a 12,000-gallon pool. The product is strong enough to be used for maintenance. You can use it once a month instead of once a week like the other brands.
- The crystals help kill blue algae
- Kills and prevents the build-up of mustard, black, and green algae
- It is sold in bottles instead of a plastic pack
- It leaves residue on your pool’s filter
- Some packages might work better for your than this one
2. Aqua Chem Pool Shock Xtra Blue
This is a great buy if you are looking cheap, but safe and effective pool shock in the market. You can either buy a 1-pack, 5-pack, 10-pack, 20-pack, 30-pack, or 36-pack pool shock. This is ideal for all kinds of swimming pools.
This product will not increase the pH level of your pool and will keep it balanced. It reduces the odor of chlorine and eye irritation. It can also help kill algae and bacteria. If you want to get back in your sparkling pool water, you should get this product as it treats your pool for only 15 minutes.
- Makes your pool clean and sparkling
- Fits on any type of swimming pool
- Help kills algae and bacteria
- Reduces eye irritation and odor of chlorine
- Has an affordable price
- Make sure that the product isn’t expired or about to get expired
3. In The Swim Chlorine Pool Shock
This product contains about over 64% of calcium hypochlorite for fast-acting oxidation. This single pack is effective and powerful enough to treat a 10,000 gallons pool for a week.
If you also need a quick boost of chlorine level, this pool shock can help do the job. This is a great product that you can use to open up your pool, especially if you need a quick boost of chlorine level. Just make sure that you mix the product first in a bucket of water before putting it in the pool’s water.
- You can purchase it in 12 packs at once
- Very affordable
- It’s a highly effective and powerful pool shock
- It has 64% of Calcium Hypochlorite
- It is very easy to dissolve
- You’ll have to wait a couple of hours before you can get in the pool
- The customer service is a bit substandard
4. Nava Chemicals StarPlus Chlorinating Shock Treatment
This chlorinating shock treatment is not only good for the swimming pool but it can also be used for all kinds of spas. It is also a great stabilizing product for all above-ground pools as it doesn’t cause a scale build-up.
The StarPlus brand is perfectly safe and does not damage your pool surface, but it can leave some remains which you’ll have to brush off. It can get rid of the algae spots and prevent the build-up of algae.
- Perfect for all kinds of pool
- A pH-neutral product
- Helps kill algae and their created spots
- It can treat a 10,000 gallons pool
- The product is a bit expensive
5. Zappit 73% Calcium Hypochlorite Pool Shock
Unlike the other product that comes in pound sachets and bags, this product comes in 1 bucket of a 50-pound granular pool shock. This also contains 70% of chlorine which makes it ideal for pool maintenance.
Since this granular formula comes in a bucket, it can help save you time and money from constantly buying products in the market. The formula can dissolve quickly, which helps kill algae and bacteria in your pool. 1 pound of this product is powerful enough to treat a 16,500-gallon pool.
- Dissolves quickly in a bucket of water
- Can help save money
- It comes in a 50-pound bucket
- Lasts for a long time
- Great for maintenance
- You’ll have to deal with a 50-pound formula in case you don’t like the product
What is a Pool Shock?
A pool shock is a popular chemical that is often used at the opening and closing of a pool. It is also used maintenance throughout the summer to help maintain the chemistry of the pool.
However, this chemical product can raise the chlorine level in the pool very quickly, so make sure that you only put an adequate amount of it in the pool’s water.
Easily clean and maintain your swimming pool with the right products to make swimming more enjoyable. These top-picked pool shocks will help protect your pool from the build-up of algae and always maintain it clean, with crystal clear-looking water.