The 3D Printers are no longer a concept or a prototype sitting inside a lab. Today you and I can buy the best cheap 3D printers thanks to the rapid development of this technology.
If you are new to 3D printing and do not want to splurge on something that is just going to be your hobby, it does not make sense to buy expensive equipment.
Looking through the countless products on the market can make you dizzy. That is why we have put together 21 of the best cheap 3D printer models on the market. Whether it is a plug and play model or a DIY printer that your heart is after, there is one for every person and for every budget.
Best Affordable 3D Printers Under 300$
1. XYZprinting da Vinci mini – Cheapest 3D Printer
The da Vinci mini from XYZ printing can be easily mistaken to be a high-end 3D printer due to some of the features that it incorporates in this best cheap 3D printer. It is a true plug-and-play machine that comes ready to print.
It is great for hobbyists, educators, and even some small-scale products. With a small footprint and weighing only a mere 24.25 lbs, you can transport it with ease. It uses the standard 1.75, diameter PLA filament and its printing resolution can be adjusted from 100 microns to 400 microns. This resolution is the same found in the higher-end model which is the da Vinci Junior.
The embedded Wi-Fi feature allows you to transmit your files to be printed directly from your computer. As if that wasn’t enough, the printer has enough inbuilt storage space to allow for untethered printing. It’s one of the best inexpensive 3D printers you can buy.
- Allows you to start printing with just a push of a button.
- You can transmit files over Wi-Fi from your local network.
- The PLA filaments are safe to use as they are free from DEHP and heavy metals.
- The printer tends to waste filaments towards the end of the spool due to detection issues.
- No LCD menu to select printer settings.
2. XYZprinting da Vinci Jr. 1.0 – Best Affordable 3D Printer
When you are new to 3D printing, all you will want is a quality printer that can help you print some small objects. This is exactly what you get in the XYZ Printing da Vinci Jr which is a true best-budget 3D printer in every sense of the word.
The affordable 3D printer is chock full of features for its price point giving you more bang for the buck. Just plug and play as it has an auto-leveling feature for precision printing.
You can see all the printer settings on the LCD navigation screen and even comes with a free filament in the box.
- A built-in display for easy calibration and printing of your projects.
- Untethered printing capability as you can save files to an SD card.
- A print resolution of 100 to 400 microns.
- Comes with free XYZ 3D design and printing software.
- It is a PLA-only printer and hence cannot be used for printing with ABS filament.
- It supports only proprietary XYZ spools that are DEHP and heavy metal free.
3. Monoprice Select Mini – Best Cheapest 3D Printer Kit
Some Cheapest 3D Printers such as the Monoprice select mini come packed with so many features and at such a low price tag to make you shake your head in disbelief.
This small and compact 3D printer has a small footprint and won’t take up too much of your desk space. It is a fully assembled printer that comes ready with PLA filament and a MicroSD card for out-of-the-box printing.
This 3D Printer uses a heated aluminum bed for printing and comes with a cooling fan. It is compatible with both PC and Mac platforms and has both Micro USB and MicroSD card connectivity. At its price point, it is a must-have for all 3D printer newbies.
- Compatible with all types of filaments such as ABS, PLA, PVA, wood, and metal composites.
- A solid construction made of steel.
- Compatible with a variety of software including Cura and Repetier.
- It has an open frame design that does not protect little hands from the build plate.
- Some users find it difficult to level the bed using the instructions given.
4. XYZprinting da Vinci mini maker – Cheapest 3D Printer
No duller and more serious-looking cheapest 3D Printers, the da Vinci mini maker from XYZ printing is a colorful-looking printer that will be a sure-shot winner with school kids and 3D hobbyists alike.
It is a lightweight and compact model that will take the least space on your desktop. For its small size, it has an impressive print bed measuring 5.9 x 5.9 x 5.9 inches.
It is safe to use around children as it does not use a heated printing bed. This plug-and-play model is great for school children and 3D printing hobbyists, it one of the best home 3d printers you can get.
- It comes with an auto-calibration feature which is a bonus for its price point.
- Safe to use as the filaments used are DEHP and heavy metal-free.
- It comes with free printing software.
- Great value for money.
- Only proprietary PLA filaments that are DEHP-free and heavy-metal free can be used.
- The prints sometimes tend to come off the print bed but this issue can be overcome with some glue.
Best Medium Price 3D Printers Under 500$
5. M3D Micro – Best Budget 3D Printer Kit
When you’re excited about 3D printing you definitely will not want to go through a long set-up process. That is why the Micro 3D printer comes completely assembled and ready to print as soon as you bring it home. It has a compact and fuss-free design that is attractive too making it perfect for beginners.
It makes life easier for you as it has an inbuilt auto-calibration technology for quality and consistency when printing. What’s even better, it comes with M3D software that is Windows compatible. As if that wasn’t enough it has an unbelievable set-up time of 5 – 10 minutes.
- It is a true plug-and-play printer that lets you start printing right out of the box
- Watch your designs being created minus the annoying printer noise.
- Compatible with a variety of filaments such as PLA, ABS, HIPS and Nylon
- The printer comes with a UL certification making it safe to use
- The printing area is smaller and so is not for you if you want to print large objects.
6. Monoprice 13860 maker select 3D printer V2 – Best 3D Printer Under $500
The Monoprice 13860 is just the one for you if you want a Cheap 3D Printers that are ready to print. It comes pre-assembled requiring you to only fix the frame and base with a few screws. Monoprice 13860 3D printer doesn’t get simpler than this; it even comes with a 2GB Micro SD card that is pre-loaded with 3D models and a sample PLA filament to let you print out of the box.
The print bed is a heated plate that is perfect for thermoplastics like ABS, PLA, and a variety of other filaments. The printer is also compatible with many software like Cura, Simplify3D, and Repetier. It works with Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
- Setting up is easy as the printer is fully pre-assembled.
- Micro SD card allows for untethered printing.
- Print large objects with the large (8 x 8 x 7 inches) printing area.
- You get more value for your money with great features and a low price tag.
- There is a bit of a learning curve involved especially for beginners.
7. FlashForge Finder – Best Budget 3D Printer
If you are tired of cheaply made plastic printers that do a sloppy job of printing, then it is time to treat yourself to some high-quality printing. The FlashForge is the best budget 3D printer that gives you some quality 3D prints in addition to being stylish.
The printer is compatible with most operating systems such as Windows 7/ 8 / Vista and Mac OS X. It prints using the popular PLA filament and the in-built filament management system that will warn you when it runs out of filament.
The FlashForge Finder’s semi-automated bed leveling will guide you for easy bed leveling. The icing on the cake is its inbuilt Wi-Fi feature and its ability to also receive files over a USB cable or flash drive. The printer is great for total newbies as well as those who want to explore 3 D printing further.
- A sturdy plastic alloy construction.
- Transmit files easily with WiFi, USB cable or USB flash drives.
- Good value for money as it comes with some great high-end features like WiFi, USB, and flash drive ports.
- Forget noise with its quiet operation.
- Build volume is not as good as some other printers in the segment.
- Only PLA filament can be used for printing.
8. Geeetech Rostock M301 – Low-Cost 3D Printer
If you are into 3D printing and want to build your printer from scratch, then the Geeetech Rostock M301 is a great option for you. It has a very small footprint and gives you excellent print quality.
It comes with a 3-in-1 mix color printing hotend that ends in a single nozzle to mix colors as your print. You can thus use your printer as either a single extruder, dual extruder or a 2-in-1 out extruder. As if that was not enough, you can also mix colors giving you an endless possibility of colors in your end product. Due to the lightweight of the moving parts, it offers a greater printing speed than other similar models.
The Delta type construction makes the printer faster than other types in addition to making it a compact model. The printer is compatible with operating systems such as Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- The printer is compatible with four different types of filaments such as PLA, ABS, wood, and PLA.
- A single nozzle removes the calibration problems associated with multiple nozzles.
- As it is a DIY model, you can modify and upgrade it to suit your printing requirement as you become proficient in 3D printing.
- It is a user-assembled model and hence is not suitable for those who are new to 3D printing.
- The open construction is not ideal for use around children.
9. Printrbot Play 1505 – Best Cheap 3D Printer
Whether you are a total newbie when it comes to 3D printing or someone with a bit of experience, the Printrbot Play is a great best budget 3D printer model. It uses PLA filament and has a small footprint making it portable.
A powder-coated metal frame makes it stable while its auto-calibration feature ensures that the print bed is always leveled for accurate printing. What’s more, the Cura printing software is absolutely free to use, which you can download online. All in all, it is a great entry-level printer giving you quality 3D prints either for home or classroom use.
- A print resolution of 50 microns which is higher than other printers in the segment.
- You have the choice of buying the printer preassembled or unassembled with no price difference.
- Safe to use around children as it has a fan shroud and an extruder cover.
- A print area measuring only 4″x4″x5″ which is smaller than other similar printers.
- No display screen for viewing printer settings.
10. New Matter MOD-t – Best Cheap 3D Printer
How about a good-looking 3D printer that is affordable and prints great too? That’s a winning combination for a low-cost 3D printer. The New Matter Mod-t is great for printing small items with high quality.
The desktop 3D printer model does not take up too much desk space and has an apple-inspired compact design. The printing area is enclosed for safety but is fully viewable from all sides making it a great classroom printer.
The printer uses only PLA filaments and has Wi-Fi connectivity which is unusual in low-cost models. It is very quiet too and makes for a great entry-level 3D printer that is ideal for both home and school use.
- It is an ultra-lightweight printer weighing a mere 12 lbs.
- Extremely portable and has a small footprint.
- Safe to use around children as it has a fully enclosed printing area.
- Quiet operation.
- The printing software has very limited options and cannot be used for advanced settings.
- Does not have any onboard storage or option to use SD card.
11. HICTOP Prusa I3 – Best Cheap Desktop 3D Printer
If you want a Cheap Desktop 3D Printer that you would like to assemble yourself, then the Hictop Prusa I3 can be a good choice for you. It is compatible with a variety of filaments and comes with its own Cura software.
The advantage with buying an unassembled model as this one is that, once you get the hang of 3D printing you can upgrade it to accommodate more complex projects.
The printer is lightweight at 17.64 lbs and comes with an LCD screen and an SD card feature. It is a great model for 3D printing enthusiasts as well as people new to the subject who want to learn more about 3D printers.
- The printer is compatible with a variety of filaments such as ABS, PLA, Wood, HIPS, Nylon, PC and Pet-G.
- It comes with everything you need for the assembly in the box.
- Great way to learn how 3D printing works as it is a user-assembled model.
- Good value for money.
- Some users find the instructional video for assembly to be poor.
- Quality output is dependent on factors such as proper assembly and calibration.
Best 3D Printers Under $1000
12. Flashforge Dreamer – Best 3D Printer For the Money
The Flashforge dreamer is for those who want a high-end 3D printer and don’t mind paying a little extra. The plastic/alloy frame is sturdy and has an enclosed design making it safe to use. But the design lets you see all the internal parts and the printing as it happens.
It has its own software called FlashPrint which is compatible with Slic3r. The printer is also compatible with Windows and Mac OS. The built-in Wi-Fi connectivity means you can print your objects by simply sending your files from your computer, untethered. You can also use the 4GB SD card for untethered printing. On the whole, it is an extremely reliable 3D printer.
- The printer is extremely well-made and durable despite having a plastic frame.
- You can use a variety of filaments such as ABS, PLA, HIPS, Nylon, PVA and more.
- It is easy to use this printer as it comes with a touchscreen and user-friendly features.
- It gives you great value for your money with a lot of features for its price.
- As it is a high-tech printer, setting up can be a bit challenging for beginners.
13. Flashforge creator pro 3D Printer kit
Why buy an expensive 3D printer kit when you can get high-quality printing with the Flashforge creator pro at an affordable price? Whether you are an expert or a beginner you can create quality 3D prints with ABS, PLA, and PVA. A dual extruder means you can add multiple colors to your end product. In fact, as the extruders can be adjusted, it can even accommodate newer materials.
While the solid steel frame ensures stability, the aviation-grade aluminum print plate will stay flat no matter how hot it gets. A guide rod adds to the stability during printing. You can print using the FlashPrint or RepliatorG software, compatible with Windows, MAC OSX or Linux systems.
- Your prints will be of a high quality due to a stable frame and a 10 mm guide rod for vertical stability.
- A build volume of 9 x 7 x 5.7 inches means you can print really large objects.
- The enclosed chamber is not only safe but also ensures quality ABS prints.
- It is not very quiet and the noise level can be quite bothersome.
14. Qidi Tech I DIY 3D Printer Kit
How about a cheap DIY 3D printer kit that is also FCC, CE and RoHS certified? Sounds too good to be true?
Not really. The Qidi Tech I is a dual extruder printer that uses FDM technology. It comes with a unique flat, an aviation-grade aluminum plate that will not cause the plastic to warp when heated.
Nothing is cheap about this printer except its price as it comes in an external frame that is fully made of metal. Forget wobbly plastic printers forever! You can use both ABS and PLA filaments and get the best of both worlds in one printer.
- You can use the printer with both PLA and ABS filaments for your various projects.
- As it has dual extruders you can add new colors even in the middle of your project.
- It comes with everything you need to start printing right out of the box.
- Some amount of assembly is required especially with the print bed.
- It does not come with an extended warranty.
15. XYZprinting da Vinci 1.0 Pro DIY 3D Printer
The da Vinci 1.0 Pro is an excellent choice for both beginners and experts alike as it is budget-friendly. Easily set the printer up in no time with a sensor-guided print bed leveling and calibration. An aluminum print bed instead of glass means that it can handle even high temperatures and distribute it evenly.
You can print your objects tethered with the USB or remove them once printing is initiated. For untethered and hassle-free printing simply use the Wi-Fi feature. With the bundled software you can adjust settings such as speed, retraction and print support.
It is fully enclosed for maximum safety and has easy to-use onboard display and controls giving you a great printing experience. Simply download the free XYZ software and you are ready to go.
- USB and Wi-Fi connectivity for tethered, partially tethered, and untethered printing.
- Allows you to print with both ABS and PLA filament types of any brand.
- Wi-Fi connectivity lets you send files from your computer through the internet.
- The speed of printing may not be as good as those in the segment.
16. XYZprinting da Vinci 2.0 Duo 3D Printer Kit
It is not so often that you come across the best budget 3D printer with features of a high-end 3D printer. The da Vinci 2.0 duo is a dual-extruder 3D printer at a budget-friendly price. Dual-extrusion allows you to create multi-color objects.
It is truly a plug and play device and is extremely easy to use. It is compatible with both ABS and PLA filaments that are the most commonly used ones. Forget maintenance as the printer has auto-calibration, detects when the filament is low, self-cleans nozzles, is compatible with most operating systems and automatically upgrades its software.
- The printer is easy to use with an LED display, automatic calibration and easy to install filament cartridges.
- Print objects fast with a print speed ranging from 30 to 150 mm per second.
- It has a large printing area with a build volume of 20 cm x 20 cm x 15 cm.
- A fully enclosed design is safe to use.
- The printer is heavy and you will need a sturdy set-up if you are using it on a desktop.
Best Premium 3D Printers Under $2000
17. Lulzbot Mini Desktop 3D Printer Review
The Lulzbot Mini Desktop 3D Printer is a well rounded and versatile machine with a variety of applications. This was intended for a wide spectrum of users from beginners, hobbyists, commercial use, higher education and research purposes. With such a wide array of applications, the device is extremely user-friendly and easy to operate. The Lulzbot was created and intended to be interchangeable and adaptable to multiple mediums.
The Lulzbot Mini Desktop 3D Printer uses a type of Open Source Hardware which makes it a very widely used and compatible product. The Open Source Hardware was built with the purpose in mind to give freedom and creativity to the user. It allows downloading and implementation of various software and works with a multitude of systems.
It places no restrictions on how you use the product, giving you full ownership and control of your creations. This type of software is great for someone exploring creative avenues within or the user with multiple applications in mind.
The Lulzbot Mini Desktop 3D Printer is compatible with PLA, HIPS, and nGEN filaments. All of which have different attributes and features giving you a fully customizable experience while still creating a durable and quality product.
With an impressively versatile .5 millimeter nozzle, the Lulzbot showcases exceptional printing capabilities with “filled” filaments. Filled filaments give the option of printing filaments that contain real wood, stone, or metal. The Lulzbot also uses PET filaments that give artists access to a translucent-like effect for their creations.
The Lulzbot is not only compatible with decorative filaments but also industrial-strength filaments such as ABS, Nylon, polycarbonate, and polyester filaments. These filaments add a level of quality and great strength that are best used in industrial or heavily used products.
This versatile machine provides the ability to create virtually anything between the Open Source Hardware and the wide array of compatible filaments it allows you to use. The only limitations one faces with this device are the user’s own level of creativity.
Auto-leveling and auto nozzle cleaning are two other product features that set it apart from the competition. The auto-leveling takes the guesswork out of the equation adding to the overall ease. The easy to clean PEI surface along with the automatic nozzle cleaner function make this a dream to clean and get ready for your next job.
- Open Source Software
- Easy to Clean
- Compatible with Multiple Mediums
- Easy to Operate
- Size limitation
18. BEETHEFIRST 3D Printer Review
BEETHEFIRST 3D Printer is a great introductory model for beginners in the field of 3D printing. It is a fairly simple and compact model but is still very easy to use. This model has a single extruder, so it is only capable of one color and one media at a time.
It has a 50 Micron Resolution and comes with a solid black filament. It uses PLA filament and is the perfect size to sit on a desktop. The Beethefirst 3D Printer uses a USB cord to sync up with software either via laptop or desktop computers. The software is compatible with Microsoft, iOS, and Linux and is ready to use out of the box
The size of the BEETHEFIRST 3D Printer is what sets this particular printer aside from all the rest. Due to its rather small dimensions, this printer is fully portable and even comes equipped with a carrying handle for those on the go.
The dimensions limit the scale of printable items but not the quality. It is a great model that incorporates a wide range of features in a small and appealing profile. This model will not disappoint the performance department either with its 1.75-millimeter filament output.
One of the main features that stand out on this printer is its compact and portable travel applications. This 3D printer gives the user a feature that most printers can not – mobility. The increased mobility lends its convenience to designers, architects, and other creative minds on the go.
Even those who use 3D printers can take this with them and join their friends for hours of design and creative fun. The carry handle just drives home the point even further, that this model is meant to be traveled with.
Its small frame and dimensions make this a very light and compact device that is very easy to store and keep out of the way when not in use.
The BEETHEFIRST 3D printer comes with a standard black PLA filament that can be easily interchanged with other colors and types of media. One has the ability to enjoy more decorative media for fun projects or more industrial media for more structurally sound and complex innovations. The model also comes with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Easy to use
- Does Not Ship Internationally
Best High-End 3D Printers
19. MakerBot Replicator+ 3D Printer Review
The MakerBot Replicator+ is a cutting-edge machine built with precision and performance in mind that will meet and surpass all expectations.
It comes upgraded with a 25 percent greater workload output, capable of manufacturing designs larger and more precise than ever before. This product is available in both commercial and consumer markets but is capable of meeting the needs of professional and educational creative applications.
The MakerBot Replicator+ model is built to be both faster and sturdier than previous models. This model is designed to have better print adhesion and a bigger build-out volume. The sturdier build aids in creating a smoother experience as well as more accurate designs. The MakerBot Replicator+ comes equipped with SmartExtruder+ and is also compatible with MakerBot’s new Slate Gray Tough Filament bundle which was created with engineers and designers in mind.
The MakerBot Replicator+ prints a whopping 30 percent faster than previous models. For better speed and efficiency, the Makerbot was upgraded with new hardware and software, including a redesigned gantry and stage. The redesigned gantry and stage allow for a wider range of three-dimensional objects and increases the overall creative capacities and applications for the user.
The MakerBot Replicator+ has also undergone strenuous and rigorous torture tests to ensure that the speed, efficiency, and precision that was promised is delivered. This Machine underwent an unbelievable 380’000 hours of testing, which is a hefty sum for any civilian, commercial, or military specified device.
The MakerBot Replicator+ was built to save the user time and effort by boosting the software speed and performance rates. There are many features included such as the Cloud option which allows users to remotely access and remotely control print jobs for added efficiency and ease of use.
The Cloud feature also allows the user to pause or make necessary changes to a print job to ensure that it is carried out to the most stringent of specifications. With the MakerBot Replicator+, the user has the option to access designs remotely and chose to print on one or more printers simultaneously for added speed. The possibilities are nearly limitless with this technological marvel and useful tool.
- Thirty percent faster
- Twenty-five percent bigger
- Improved sturdy design
- Updated Software
- Cloud Capabilities
- Remote Access
- Not compact in design
- Choking Hazard
20. Ultimaker 2+ 3D Printer Review
The Ultimaker 2+ 3D Printer is the updated and improved version of the Ultimaker 2. It comes outfitted with the ability to switch nozzle sizes from .25, .4, .6, and .8 millimeter diameters for increased range and added precision. The added versatility is a huge improvement for designers who now have the ability to make more detailed and intricate products. The materials were upgraded as well to give the Ultimaker 2+ more sturdy and efficient output.
The Ultimaker 2+ incorporated a heated bed into this model which allows for smoother prints and also allows for ABS printing. A new feeder mechanism was introduced in the 2019 model which allowed for multiple improvements.
The new feeder mechanism enables the Ultimaker 2+ to more easily swap filament and also allows the user to adjust the pressure of the filament. These updates alone drastically improve performance and speed. New fan caps were also added to accurately and easily adjust airflow below the nozzle for a better dispersion ratio.
The Ultimaker 2+ is one of the easiest and fool-proof designs specifically intended for the consumer. The design team incorporated features such as adjustable nozzles that are easily configured to give you the best product output possible.
The swappable nozzle extruder has the ability to produce an impressive 20-micron, 12.5 micron XY resolution, and an incredible 5 micron Z resolution. This is by far, one of the best consumer models on the market.
The Ultimaker 2+ printer is outfitted with numerous user-friendly features that provide an exceptionally user-friendly experience. Some of the newly included items are a heated bed, which drastically improves precision and creation factors. A new glue stick and spool holder come equipped with improved hardware built to withstand countless hours of media printing.
An improved power supply and a USB capability meant for firmware were incorporated as well for a more seamless experience. The test print option is a new feature that lets users make sure their design specifications are up to par before printing, adding a worry-free element to the process.
The team behind the Ultimaker 2+ went a step further and included hex wrenches and grease for the exchange and maintenance of moving parts and components. This gives the user a more customizable experience.
The Ultimaker 2+ comes with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty and technical support. It is supported by all software systems and is easily incorporated to home or office setting.
- User Friendly
- Improved Design
- Mac/Pc/Lenox compatible
- Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Not Intended for Commercial Use
21. CubePro Trio 3D Printer Review
The CubePro Trio 3D Printer is a sleek and compact 3D printer with incredible power and reliability that produces professional-quality creations. Three extruders are included and printed in a range of three colors and multiple materials simultaneously.
The printer is capable of utilizing PLA, ABS, Infinity Rinse-Away support material, and Nylon. It Prints in 200-micron resolution under its standard setting and a 300-micron setting for the draft resolution. It comes with wireless capabilities that allow you to print remotely or from your desktop via the touch-screen. The setup was designed to give the user a sense of effortless ease and a range of versatility.
Whether you are a beginner or a professional designer, this machine will have you well on your way to creating and designing with its cross-platform software. The CubePro Trio 3D Printer is compatible with both Android and iOS systems.
The CubePro also gives the user to have more control over the downloadable app. The app allows for remote access and viewing of designs as well as the ability to print and monitor progress.
This device gives the user a sense of freedom and comfort while it does most of the thinking for you. It comes assembled and calibrated so you can start printing almost immediately upon arrival. This device is a great addition to any workshop, classroom, home, or office.
The CubePro offers users a controlled printing environment and keeps out unwanted variables that can inhibit the accuracy and performance of the device. By encapsulating the printing pad, the filament, and all the moving parts, the Cube Pro eliminates the possibility of contamination or outside interference. This feature has a dual purpose of both aiding in accuracy and keeping the user safe from injury from moving parts or chemicals.
The automated settings and color touchscreen make this printer exceptionally easy to use and easy to understand. The CubePro uses smart cartridges for smart printing with up to four different materials.
The cartridge technology makes it more reliable and functional giving the user the ability to quickly and safely interchange media for more intricate designs. The cartridges even set the material settings and quantity for you, so there is no calibration or adjustment needed.
- Multimedia Compatible
- Wireless Capabilities
- Smart Cartridge Friendly
- Touch Screen
- Automatic Settings
- 100lb Shipping Weight
Brief History of 3D Printing
3D printers have quickly become one of the most revolutionary products of the 21st century. Contrary to popular belief, the concept for 3D printers was actually invented in the early eighties by students at MIT.
The original application was for material removal of a 3D object (cutting to form), instead of additive manufacturing by computer automated design. The original manufacturer’s design was based on industrial and commercial concepts with no thought given to the civilian marketplace or its applications.
Since 2009, advances in the 3D printer market have expanded tenfold. Multiple applications for multiple markets have now been created, and it is quickly becoming a technology that, we as a society, can not see ourselves without.
3D printers have permeated the market all the way from major airlines, government militaries, space technology, space travel, to gun manufacturers, medical manufacturers, prosthetics, nanotechnology, finally down to civilian market applications.
In other words, 3D printing technology has far exceeded expectations in the realm of usefulness, creativity, and overall application, resulting in medical and technological advances that improve our day to day life.
The world of 3D printing is constantly improving and expanding market with seemingly endless possibilities supporting creative minds the world over. If you have an innovative mind, these tools can provide you with the edge you need to make a difference in the world or simply appeal to your creative heart.
With all of the scientific and technological breakthroughs, 3D printing has allowed the world to think outside the box. We hope that our buying guide for the best 3D printer has helped you find the best cheap 3D printer for your specific needs.