Are you tired of having a cluttered photo library across multiple devices? Do you find it hard to keep your photos organized and accessible at all times? If so, iCloud Photos may be the solution you need. With iCloud Photos, you can store all your photos and videos in one place and access them from anywhere. In this definitive guide to iCloud Photos in 2019, we’ll dive into everything you need to know to make the most out of this powerful tool.
What is iCloud Photos, and How Does it Work?
iCloud Photos is Apple’s cloud-based photo storage service. With iCloud Photos, you can store all your photos and videos in the cloud, which means you can access them from any Apple device, including your iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV. The service automatically syncs your photos and videos across all your devices in real-time, so you always have the latest version of your library.
iCloud Photos has several features that make it an excellent option for photo storage, including:
- Auto backup of your photos and videos to the cloud
- Ability to access your photo library from any device
- Easy syncing across all devices
- Smart organization tools that let you search and browse all your photos and videos
- Option to share photos and videos with friends and family
How to Set Up iCloud Photos?
To set up iCloud Photos, you need an Apple device running iOS 8.1 or later, or a Mac running OS X Yosemite or later. Here’s how to set up iCloud Photos:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone or iPad, or System Preferences on your Mac
- Select iCloud, and then choose Photos
- Toggle on iCloud Photos, and select whether to optimize storage or download and keep originals
- Wait for iCloud Photos to upload all your photos and videos to the cloud
- Once uploaded, your photos and videos will automatically sync across all your devices
How to Manage Your iCloud Photos Library?
Once you’ve set up iCloud Photos, you’ll want to make sure your library is organized and managed efficiently. Here are some tips to help you manage your iCloud Photos library:
Delete Unwanted Photos and Videos
To delete unwanted photos and videos from your iCloud Photos library, follow these steps:
- Go to the Photos app on your device, and select the photo or video you want to delete
- Tap the trash can icon, and then confirm that you want to delete the photo or video
To organize your photos into albums, follow these steps:
- Go to the Photos app on your device, and select the photos you want to add to an album
- Tap the Share button, and then select Add to Album
- Select New Album, and give your album a name
Use Smart Search and Browsing
With iCloud Photos, you can search and browse all your photos and videos by date, location, or content. To use smart search and browsing, follow these steps:
- Go to the Photos app on your device, and select the search bar
- Type in the keyword you want to search for or select one of the suggestions that appear
- Tap Search, and iCloud Photos will show you all the photos and videos that match your keyword or suggestion
FAQs about iCloud Photos
Does iCloud Photos take up space on my device?
iCloud Photos is a cloud-based service that stores all your photos and videos in the cloud, which means it doesn’t take up space on your device unless you choose to download and keep originals.
How much does iCloud Photos cost?
iCloud Photos comes with 5 GB of free storage, which is shared with your other iCloud services, such as iCloud Drive, Mail, Contacts, and Calendar. If you need more storage, you can upgrade to a paid plan that starts at $0.99 per month for 50 GB.
Can I share my iCloud Photos library with others?
Yes, you can share your iCloud Photos library with other Apple users by creating a shared album. To create a shared album, follow these steps:
- Go to the Photos app on your device, and select the photos you want to share
- Tap the Share button, and then select Shared Album
- Select New Shared Album, and give your shared album a name
- Add the people you want to share your album with, and then tap Create
iCloud Photos is an excellent service that can help you keep all your photos and videos organized and accessible across all your Apple devices. By following the tips in this definitive guide, you can make the most out of this powerful tool. So, set up your iCloud Photos library today and start enjoying all its benefits.