Are you looking to create a tutorial, a demo, or a presentation and want to record it on your Mac? Well, you might have realized that by default, MacOS does not allow screen recording with internal audio. But don’t worry, you can still record your screen with internal audio on Mac with the help of some simple solutions. In this article, we will take you through the process of recording your Mac’s screen with internal audio and provide some FAQs to troubleshoot the process.
Record Screen Internal Audio Mac: Detailed Discussion
In this section, we’ll walk you through the different methods and tools that can be used for screen recording with internal audio on Mac.
Method 1: Record Screen with QuickTime Player
QuickTime Player is a pre-installed app on your Mac that can be used for screen recording with audio. But remember, it only records the audio that your Mac’s microphone records, not the internal audio, so we need to create a Multi-Output Device first using Audio MIDI Setup.
Steps for creating Multi-Output device:
- Open up the “Audio MIDI Setup” app on your Mac.
- Click the “plus” icon at the bottom left corner of the window and select “Create Multi-Output Device.”
- Name the device whatever you want and then click the checkboxes next to “Built-in Output” and any other outputs you want to use and click “Done.”
Steps for recording with QuickTime Player:
- Open the QuickTime Player from the Applications folder.
- Click “File” and select “New Screen Recording.”
- Click the down arrow to the right of the record button, and then select the “Multi-Output Device” and ensure that the microphone icon is selected if you want your voice to be captured too.
- Now, click the red “record” button and proceed to record, and then click on the “Stop” button when finished. The recorded screencast will be saved to your preferred directory on your Mac.
Method 2: Use a Third-Party Screen Recording Software
Besides QuickTime Player, there are more advanced third-party tools that can be used for Mac screen recording with internal audio, such as OBS Studio, ScreenFlow, and Camtasia. These tools provide excellent features that can help you create engaging tutorials, demos, and presentations. For this article’s purpose, we’ll be looking at OBS Studio, which is free and open-source software that works on MacOS.
Steps for recording with OBS Studio:
- Download and Install OBS Studio from the official website.
- Launch OBS Studio and then click on the “+” icon at the bottom of the “Sources” panel and select “Display Capture”.
- Next, click the “+” icon under “Audio Input Capture” and select your “Multi-Output Device” and then click “OK.”
- Click on the “Start Recording” button on the right side of the screen, and then record as you proceed as usual. Once done, click on the “Stop Recording” button, and the screencast will be saved in your chosen location.
Concluding Thoughts on Record Screen Internal Audio Mac
So there you have it, two simple methods that can be used to record your screen on Mac with internal audio. While there are many third-party options available, QuickTime Player and OBS studio should suffice for most average users. We recommend choosing QuickTime Player if you don’t mind the basic features and OBS Studio if you need more advanced features and controls.
FAQs about Record Screen Internal Audio Mac
Q1. Which app is best for recording screen with internal audio on Mac?
A1. QuickTime Player and OBS Studio are two of the best free and open-source apps for recording your Mac’s screen with internal audio.
Q2. Why does MacOS not allow screen recording with internal audio by default?
A2. Apple follows strict copyright policies, and recording internal audio while playing media files may violate these policies.
Q3. How can I record a specific audio source on my Mac?
A3. The best way to record a specific audio source on your Mac is to create a Multi-Output Device using the Audio MIDI Setup app and selecting that as the audio input in your recording software.
Q4. Can I use third-party software for screen recording on my Mac?
A4. Yes, of course! There are many third-party screen recording software options available for your Mac, such as Camtasia, ScreenFlow, OBS Studio, and more.
So, there you have it, a complete guide on how to record your screen with internal audio on your Mac. Remember, you can choose QuickTime Player or OBS Studio, depending on your needs and preferences, and create engaging and informative tutorials easily. Happy recording!